Tuesday, June 3, 2014

OWASP Project Manager - Resignation



OWASP Community Members -

Our Program Manager for OWASP Projects, Samantha Groves, shared with us on May 27, 2014, that she would be leaving the OWASP Foundation. Samantha’s last day with the Foundation will be Tuesday, June 10, 2014.

Samantha has been an amazing employee, relentless in supporting the Foundation, providing a platform for community decisions and collaboration. She has had a tremendous workload, which includes support of more than 150 active projects, responding to a constant influx of inquiries from project leaders asking for help with mediawiki templates, new project requests, and general advice on how to proceed with anything OWASP.  Additionally, she has oversight of our project related grants and google ad-words account, manages a project intern and a graphic designer, and facilitates platforms for project related initiatives such as the current project task force.  Last but not least Samantha has taken on the monumentally time consuming task of ensuring OWASP Projects not only have a presence at the Global AppSec conferences, but play an active role in engaging the community to learn and get involved in the projects.  This includes project modules such as the open source showcase, project track (project talks), project leader workshop, and project summit.

Samantha will be sorely missed by me and the rest of the staff, and surely many people in the community.  

On behalf of the Foundation, thank you Samantha for all you have done for us to support the mission and the community. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Best Regards,

Sarah Baso
Executive Director
OWASP Foundation

###########################
For those of you who missed it, here is Samantha's email to OWASP Leader's from earlier today:

Dear OWASP Leaders,

I am writing to inform you that I have resigned my post, and I will be concluding my staff work with OWASP on Tuesday, June 10th, 2014. My original last day was meant to be August 8th, 2014, but circumstances have changed and I have had to depart sooner.  

I feel sad to leave OWASP as this is one of the best communities I have ever had the pleasure of working with. I consider many of you, family, and I am truly sad to be leaving. 

I am confident that this is the best decision for me, and I wish you all the best of luck. If you need me, you know where to find me. :-)

Thank you for the opportunity to get to know you. Keep being amazing! :-)


Best Regards,
Samantha Groves 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home